Burpees… A combination of squat, push-up, and vertical jump. The burpee requires no equipment and can be done just about anywhere. Plus, it works your ENTIRE BODY, including those important core muscles, while increasing your cardio endurance.
So how do you do a burpee? The basic version is a six count move. Begin in the standing position, then:
- Sit into a squat.
- Kick your feet behind you so you’re in a push-up position.
- Lower your chest to the ground.
- Press back up to complete the push up.
- Pull your feet back in so you’re in squat position.
- Jump up in the air while clapping overhead.